The Museum Collection
In 1921 the freeholds to the Doughty Estate were offered for sale and the Dickens Fellowship launched a national campaign to purchase the freeholds of number 48 and 49 Doughty Street so that they could ‘establish a Dickens Memorial in London’. The successful purchase of both houses in 1922 led to the opening of number 48 as The Dickens House Museum on 9th June 1925.
Free Dream bookmark with every sale over £10. Offer lasts until the end of August.