The Charles Dickens Museum is committed to making its facilities accessible for all visitors. We regret that access may be limited to some areas of the Museum, as it is a Grade I listed building.
- Carers are admitted free of charge.
- Induction Loop available.
- Large Print Visitor Plan and Guides are available on request in the shop.
- VI Audio Guides are available from the Shop.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are permitted in all areas of the Museum.
- Accessible toilets are located on the first floor, next to the lift.
Audio Visual Guides are available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, charged at £3 per guide.
Step free entrance and egress to the Museum. There is one step onto the café, but a wheelchair ramp is available.
The Museum covers five floors, four of which can be accessed by our lift. Visitors should ask a staff member if they wish to use the lift.
There is no lift access to the attic rooms; a touch screen interactive facility is located on the second floor which enables visitors to view the fifth floor is they are unable to use the stairs.
Due to limited space within the Museum, we regret that mobility scooters cannot be accommodated.