The Story in the Scene: creative writing workshop
Using as inspiration the house where Dickens lived, worked and wrote some of his best loved novels; students create, write and present their own gripping scene – inspired, as Dickens was, by the characters, events and spaces that they encounter and experience here on their visit to Doughty Street.
Study © Charles Dickens Museum
- Level English Language and Literature (9ELO): Component 3, Investigating and Creating Texts. A1 – Original Writing
- AS Level English Language and Literature (7706): Section 2 – Remembered Places
- Level English Language and Literature (7707): Section 1 – Telling Stories
- A-Level in English Language and Literature (EMC) (H474): Component 03, Section B - Writing as a Reader
Onsite – 2 hours. All workshops are integrated into interactive guided tours of the historic house.
- Up to 10 students, Off-peak £100 (Jan-Oct), Peak £125 (Nov-Dec)
- Up to 20 students, Off-peak £150 (Jan-Oct), Peak £185 (Nov-Dec)
1 hour, one class, £50 + £30 for each additional class (UK)
1 hour, one homeschool household, £30 + £10 for each additional household (UK)
1 hour, one international class, £70 inclusive of VAT and international payment fee (overseas)
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
We can accommodate a maximum of 20 students per booking slot. We have the capacity to run two half day sessions onsite each day from 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00-15:00. Online sessions can be booked at times to suit you subject to availability.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking. Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.