A Level and Undergraduate
We have an exciting range of interactive, curriculum linked workshops and tours available onsite, online and as outreach. Please see below for our current sessions.
The Story in the Scene: creative writing workshop
Onsite and Online
Using as inspiration the house where Dickens lived, worked and wrote some of his best loved novels; students create, write and present their own gripping scene – inspired, as Dickens was, by the characters, events and spaces that they encounter and experience here on their visit to Doughty Street.
- Level English Language and Literature (9ELO): Component 3, Investigating and Creating Texts. A1 – Original Writing
- AS Level English Language and Literature (7706): Section 2 – Remembered Places
- Level English Language and Literature (7707): Section 1 – Telling Stories
- A-Level in English Language and Literature (EMC) (H474): Component 03, Section B - Writing as a Reader
Onsite – 2 hours. All workshops are integrated into interactive guided tours of the historic house.
- Up to 10 students, Off-peak £100 (Jan-Oct), Peak £125 (Nov-Dec)
- Up to 20 students, Off-peak £150 (Jan-Oct), Peak £185 (Nov-Dec)
- Up to 30 students, Off-peak £200 (Jan-Oct), Peak £250 (Nov-Dec)
Online - 1 hour 30 mins, one class, £120 (All year round)
Online - 1 hour 30 mins, one homeschool household, £70 (All year round)
Virtual Explorer Tour
Join us on a tour around the Charles Dickens Museum from the comfort of your own classroom! Let us show you the rooms Dickens and his family lived in, the objects that they used and fill you in on the background to his life and his work.
This one-hour tour can be booked alone, or could be added on to one of our virtual Dickensian London Walks delivered by a blue badge guide.
1 hour, one class, £120 (All year round)
1 hour, one homeschool household, £70 (All year round)
Discounts are available for Virtual Explorer Tours for multiple bookings from the same school.
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can accommodate a maximum of 30 students per booking slot. We have the capacity to run two half day sessions onsite each day from 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00-15:00.
Online sessions can be booked at times to suit you subject to availability.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking.
Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.