Virtual Explorer Tour
Join us on a tour around the Charles Dickens Museum from the comfort of your own classroom! Discover the life and career of Charles Dickens in this fascinating interactive tour of his family home including original artefacts and extracts from some of his most popular novels. We will discuss the context in which Dickens was writing, his passion for social justice and the motivations behind his novels and journalism, exploring his relationship with his contemporary audiences as well as his continued relevance today.
Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic educators encourage discussion and conversation throughout the tour which will allow your experience to be shaped by your students' curiosity and contributions. No prior knowledge of Dickens is needed to enjoy this tour and it is suitable for students who are new to Dickens as well as those who are studying a particular text.
This one-hour tour can be booked alone, or could be added on to one of our virtual Dickensian London Walks delivered by a blue badge guide.
Charles Dickens Museum © Charles Dickens Museum
- local history study (for local students)
- the study of an aspect or theme in British history that consolidates and extends pupils’ chronological knowledge from before 1066
- knowing the purpose, audience for and context of writing
- Facilitated exploration of artefacts and texts allows students to exercise critical thinking and historical enquiry skills.
- Group discussion throughout the session allows students to exercise oracy and social learning skills.
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
1 hour, one class, £50 + £30 for each additional class (UK)
1 hour, one homeschool household, £30 + £10 for each additional household (UK)
1 hour, one international class, £70 inclusive of VAT and international payment (overseas)
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Online sessions can be booked at times to suit you subject to availability.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking. Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.