Virtual Explorer Tour
Join us on a virtual tour around the Charles Dickens Museum from the comfort of your own classroom! Led by a costumed actor, discover what everyday life was like for Charles Dickens and his family as middle-class Victorians. Discover Victorian household objects as you explore their fascinating family home and learn more about Dickens’s passion for understanding and improving the lives of the Victorian poor.
Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic educators encourage discussion and interaction throughout the tour which will allow your experience to be shaped by your students' curiosity and contributions.
This one hour tour can be booked alone, or could be added on to one of our virtual Dickensian London Walks delivered by a blue badge guide.
Charles Dickens Museum © Charles Dickens MuseumOptional Extras
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
For more information click here.
- a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066 (Victorian Britain)
- a study of an aspect of history or a site dating from a period beyond 1066 that is significant in the locality.
- Discussion of Victorian Britain and examination of original artefacts encourages students to identify similarities and differences between their own experiences and those living in Victorian Britain
- Facilitated exploration of mystery objects allows students to exercise critical thinking and historical enquiry skills
- Group discussion throughout the session allows students to further develop oracy and social learning skills.
- 1 hour, one class, £100 + £25 for each additional class (UK)
- 1 hour, one international class, £125+ £25 for each additional class (overseas). This price is inclusive of VAT and international payment fee.
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Online sessions can be booked at times to suit you subject to availability.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking. Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.