Discover what everyday life was like for Charles Dickens and his family. Handle real Victorian household objects as you explore their fascinating family home and ‘channel your inner Dickens’ by writing your own character creation using real quill pens and ink!
Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic educators encourage discussion and conversation throughout the tour which will allow your experience to be shaped by your students' curiosity and contributions.
The Dickenses' Bedroom © Charles Dickens Museum
- the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- Exploring and discussing the Victorian home and mystery objects encourages students to identify similarities and differences between their own experiences and those living in Victorian Britain
- Facilitated exploration of mystery objects allows students to exercise critical thinking skills
- Group discussion throughout the session allows students to develop oracy and social learning skills.
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
Onsite – 2 hours. All workshops are integrated into interactive guided tours of the historic house.
Class of up to 30 students, Off-peak £250 (Jan-Oct), Peak £290 (Nov-Dec). Please enquire for smaller groups.
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can accommodate a maximum of 30 students per booking slot. We have the capacity to run two half day sessions onsite each day from 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00-15:00. Please note that for the safety of your group we require a minimum adult-to-student ratio of 1:10 for each onsite booking.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking. Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.