Virtual Explorer Tour
Join us on a virtual tour around the Charles Dickens Museum from the comfort of your own classroom! Led by a costumed actor, you'll explore the rooms Dickens and his family lived in and the objects which they used. Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic educators encourage discussion and interaction throughout the tour which will allow your experience to be shaped by your students' curiosity and contributions.
This one hour tour can be booked alone, or could be added on to one of our virtual Dickensian London Walks delivered by a blue badge guide.
Charles Dickens Museum © Charles Dickens Museum
- the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- Exploring and discussing the Victorian home and mystery objects encourages students to identify similarities and differences between their own experiences and those living in Victorian Britain
- Facilitated exploration of mystery objects allows students to exercise critical thinking skills
- Group discussion throughout the session allows students to develop oracy and social learning skills
Informative and highly entertaining Dickens walk with expert Richard Jones; exploring London through Dickens’s eyes.
1 hour, one class, £100 + £25 for each additional class (UK)
1 hour, one international class, £125+ £25 for each additional class (overseas). This price is inclusive of VAT and international payment fee.
Booking forms and enquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online sessions can be booked at times to suit you subject to availability.
Please be advised that full payment is required in order to confirm your booking. Amendments and cancellations must be made at least 21 days prior to your visit, after which no refund will be available.